Overview of Siemens SIMATIC TIA Portal 17 Benefits
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic offers the same benefits as STEP 7 Professional engineering software thanks to its integration into the TIA Portal engineering framework, e.g., direct online diagnostics, easy creation of technology objects, and the library concept for time-saving, efficient work, and programming components reuse.
STEP 7 Basic (TIA Portal) supports the IEC programming languages LAD (Ladder Diagram) as well as FBD (Function Block Diagram) and SCL (structured text).
Overview of Siemens SIMATIC TIA Portal 17 Features
- WinCC V15 visualization environment for panels and computer
- PLCSIM V15 simulator of the S7-1200 and S7-1500 processors
- Startdrive V15 setup and use of Sinamics frequency converters
- Safety V15 additives Step7 for programming safe F S7-300F, S7-400F, S7-1200F and S7-1500F, ET200F CPU
- SIMATIC Energy Suite setting up and using energy monitoring devices such as PAC3200 and other
- SiVArc V15 SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc) Configures the content of HMI projects based on the user program STEP 7.
- SIMOCODE ES V15 (planned for 2018) configuration and use of SIMOCODE power distribution devices (smart contactors, automatons and others with Profibus and Profinet communication interfaces)
- Softstarter ES V15 (planned for 2018) setting up and using soft starters
- SCOUT TIA V5.2 (planned for 2018) drive control system
Technical Details and System Requirements
Siemens recommends SIMATIC Field PG programming devices as a powerful and rugged platform for STEP 7 Engineering Software, especially when your engineering station is also used to commission, service, and maintain your automation system.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10/11 (64-bit Only)
- Processor: Core i5-6440EQ, 3.4GHz
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: SSD with at least 60 GB of free space