SOFiSTiK | 2022 is largely dedicated to optimized workflows through open interfaces. The possibility of fully seamless project planning from model right through to reinforcement opens up considerable potential for saving time all while improving quality thanks to lower error rates. New and enhanced model interfaces facilitate the swift implementation of highly efficient BIM workflows, letting users focus on what really matters.
Aim high with seamless planning
SOFiSTiK | 2022 offers users improved functionalities with new options for standard member verification and earthquake calculations that particularly enhance the implementation and handling of above-standard structural engineering projects. To allow for seamless and efficient BIM planning, SOFiSTiK’s powerful software toolset for building design has been complemented by additional and redesigned interfaces such as SAF and optimized methods for integrating IFC model data into projects.
For earthquake calculation, new tasks are available with special story checks according to the widely used response spectrum method. The new tasks integrate smoothly in between upstream modeling and subsequent steps for calculation and analysis. Information on the building response in the case of seismic events is generated based on the story levels that have been defined during system definition and can then be used for further design steps. Besides high-performance eigenmode analysis for big systems and targeted mode filtering, the underlying and novel FE technology enables optional stiffness reduction for structural members.
The SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Package with the BIM apps Reinforcement Detailing (RCD) and Reinforcement Generation (RCG) has been equipped with improved adaptability to and support for international planning standards. Both apps now provide optimum integration into the building construction workflow with the option to derive reinforcement plans based on the global standard by Autodesk. As a solid basis for classic 2d planning, the trusted 2D CAD software SOFiCAD rounds off the early-stage building design workflow.
Experience bridge design without borders
In the area of bridge design, SOFiSTiK strengthens its industry-renowned expertise with improved visualization options, optimized workflows
The highlights of the new version
SOFiSTiK | 2022
Harness the potential of seamless workflows. Gain time for what really matters without compromising on quality. Get started with SOFiSTiK | 2022 and open BIM from model to reinforcement.
SOFiSTiK | 2022 is largely dedicated to optimized workflows through open interfaces. The possibility of fully seamless project planning from model right through to reinforcement opens up considerable potential for saving time all while improving quality thanks to lower error rates. New and enhanced model interfaces facilitate the swift implementation of seamless and efficient BIM workflows, letting users focus on what really matters.
Would you like to get to know SOFiSTiK | 2022? All current SOFiSTiK programs and solutions are available to you for a 30-day free trial.
New Features of Version SOFiSTiK I 2022
SOFiSTiK | 2022 awaits you with optimized workflows including new standard member checks and extended earthquake tasks with special storey checks that are especially designed to help you deliver immaculate results for even the most demanding of building design projects.
For a smooth BIM planning process, the powerful SOFiSTiK structural engineering software tools are complemented by new and improved model interfaces such as SAF as well as an optimized integration of IFC model data into projects.
New Fully Integrated Workflow for Storey Checks
- Easy storey definition in Autodesk Revit and
- New interactive SSD task to perform storey checks (like weak or soft storey criteria) on the fly.
- Eurocode and American Standard Design.
- Result tables and figures can be examined immediately in the task.
Task Shear Wall Design
- New SSD task for Shear Wall Design offers the possibility to perform a preliminary design for individual shear walls using the simplified compression and tension method.
- Can be used to check shear walls defined in preprocessing, e.g. in Autodesk Revit.
Earthquake RSA – reloaded
- New task for earthquake analysis ties together important developments regarding the Response Spectra Analysis.
- The new task integrates seamlessly between upstream modeling and downstream design steps (like storey checks). It adopts storey level information as a central ingredient and it offers a focused workflow towards establishing design relevant structural response data.
- Behind the user-friendly interface lies a newly developed FE core technology, which comes with additional tweaks such as mode filtering, optional shear- and bending stiffness reduction for supporting members and a very performant eigenmode analysis for large systems.
- The new command “Building Core” allows the user to easily define building cores for design and result evaluation.
- The defined building core uses all advantages of the SOFiSTiK Design Elements.
- Easy cross section definition by selecting the participating walls.
- New SSD task “Capacity Check” offers the possibility to perform a capacity check for building cores.
- Results can be shown in 2D and 3D directly within Revit.
Reinforcement that adapts to your needs
SOFiSTiK | 2022 offers reinforcement planning that revolves around your needs. With improved customizability and support for international design standards, the Reinforcement Package (RC Package) with the BIM Apps Reinforcement Detailing (RCD) and Reinforcement Generation (RCG) provides reliable tools for generating and deriving reinforcement plans according to your individual requirements.
For classic 2D planning, the well-proven 2D software SOFiCAD can be integrated completely seamlessly into your workflow.
New BIM Workflow for (Shear) Wall Reinforcement
- User-friendly generation of required wall reinforcement with Reinforcement Generation. Includes Labeling of static dependencies.
- Addition of constructive details and derivation of a reinforcement plan including all labels, details and lists using Reinforcement Detailing.
- Generated and complemented reinforcement can be copied to other walls with a few clicks – all plans, views, labels, details and lists are automatically applied to the copy.
- Check and adjustment of required reinforcement for individual walls.
Extended International Requirements
- Reinforcement Detailing includes manifold new features to customize Plan Labeling Styles to meet different international requirements (e.g. Suisse Style).
- Steel Bar Distribution in accordance with the “SOFiSTiK Layout Catalogue”.
- Generation, labeling and detailing of layout areas.
- Support of reinforcement functionalities from Autodesk Revit, like Rebar Coupler, Rebar Presentation, Worksets, Host Change, Revit Schedules, Material Parameter, Rounding Overrides, …
- Editable rebar shapes folded in the drawing plane with leading line.
- Detailing according to reinforcement layer.
Customizable Rebar Shape Detection
- Customizable Rebar Shape Detection and expansion of the bending machine interface.
- Enables definition of user defined Rebar Shape Catalogues to meet requirements of international markets or individual workflows and production.