Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical Overview
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical is a powerful extension to standard design and 2D drafting software with specialist functionality for the manufacturing, engineering, and mechanical design sectors and companies involved in digital prototyping workflows.
Delivering up to 65% productivity increases over 2D CAD software enables clients to deliver projects in much shorter timeframes than could ever be achievable with standard AutoCAD, thereby reducing project costs and improving profitability.
AutoCAD Mechanical’s robust mechanical design and limited engineering toolset simplifies and accelerates the design process with the inclusion of a mechanical library of over 700,000 mechanical parts and components, machinery generators, and calculators and also includes Autodesk Inventor Fusion allowing the intelligent re-use and direct manipulation of a range of 3D file formats.
Further productivity gains are made with its extended drafting capabilities, which include intelligent layer management, automated hidden line functionality, power dimensioning tools, and additional mechanically biased drawing tools, making this mechanical CAD software solution a must-have for mechanical design and engineering professionals wishing to stay within a predominately 2D workflow.
Features of Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical
- Xref Layer Property Enhancements
- You can now easily create, retrieve, and place model views together
- Support for high-resolution monitors continues to be improved in the Update
- Improved 3D Graphics Performance
- Problems Reported Through the Customer Error Reporting Utility
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 & WINDOWS
- Processor: Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor (Recommended: 3+ GHz)
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 6 GB
- .NET Framework Version 4.7